PUR-CLUM is a self-levelling, medium to heavy duty, three-components; water dispersed polyurethane-based cement and aggregate screed. It is designed to provide excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, and chemical attack. PUR-CLUM can be broadcast with quartz aggregate to increase surface texture and slip resistance. The system is typically installed at 3/16 to 1/4 in (4.5 to 6 mm) thickness
- Can be applied onto 7 to 10 day old concrete after adequate preparation and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 1.5 MPa (218 psi).
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) up to 248°F (120°C).
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Behaves plastically under impact; deforms but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion qualities result from its pure silica aggregate structure.
- Highly resistant to fungi and mold growth.
Where to use
PUR-CLUM floors are primarily used to protect concrete substrates. Typically used in food processing plants, wet & dry process areas, freezers & coolers, dairies, breweries, wineries, distilleries, laboratories, chemical process plants, pulp and paper plants, warehouses and storage areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PROPERTIES @ 73°F (23 °C) and 50% R.H. Times are approximate and will be affected by changing ambient conditions, especially changes in temperature and relative humidity. The indicated mileage is calculated for flat surfaces. A porous or imperfect surface will require more material in order to cover the same mileage. *
|PACKAGING||PART A (RESINE): 10.36 lbs (4.7 kg)
PART B (HARDENER): 10.36 lbs (4.7 kg)
PART C (CEMENT): 44.09 lbs (20 kg)
|COLOR||PART A: On request
PART B: Amber
MIX: White Powder
|RECOMMENDED THICKNESS||1/4 in (6 mm) / (60 ft²/GAL)|
|SHELF LIFE||Parts A and B: 12 months in original unopened factory sealed containers.
Protect from freezing. Part C: 6 months in original unopened packaging.
Store dry between 50-77ºF (10-25ºC).
|MIX RATIO||Mix full units only|
|POT LIFE||20-25 minutes at 68ºF (20ºC) / 1/4 in (6 mm)|
|VOC (G/L)||1.2 g/L|
|APPLICATION TEMPERATURE||45ºF (7ºC) min. / 86ºF (30ºC) max.|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE||-40ºF (-40ºC) min. / 248ºF (120ºC) max|
|SOLIDS CONTENT, BY WEIGHT (CLEAR)||PART A: 92%
PART B: 75%
|CURING DETAILS||FOOT TRAFFIC: 10-12 hours at 68ºF (20ºC) / 1/4 in (6 mm)
LIGHT TRAFFIC: 14-16 hours at 68ºF (20ºC) / 1/4 in (6 mm)
FULL CURE: 5 days at 68ºF (20ºC) / 1/4 in (6 mm)
|SOFTENING POINT||266ºF (130ºC)|
|ABRASION RESISTANCE, ASTM D4060 TABER ABRASER CS-17 WHEEL / 1000G (2.2 LBS.) / 1000 CYCLES||6 mg loss|
|BOND STRENGTH, ASTM D4541||> 1.9 MPA (275 psi) (substrate failure)|
|COEFFICIENT OF THERMAL EXPANSION ASTM D696||0.89x10-5 in/in/°F (1.6x10-5 mm/mm/°C)|
|TENSILE STRENGTH ASTM C307||7.2 MPa (1045 psi)|
|WATER ABSORPTION ASTM C413||0.12%|
|IMPACT RESISTANCE||6.81 joules (5.02 ft-lb) at 3mm (1/8 in) of thickness|
|RESISTANCE TO MOLD GROWTH, ASTM D3273||Rated 10 (highest resistance)|
|RESISTANCE TO FUNGI GROWTH, ASTM G21||Rated 0 (no growth)|
|HARDNESS, SHORE D||82-87|
|FLOW||325 mm (12.80 in)|
|COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION, ASTM D1894-61T||Steel: 0.3
|THERMAL COMPATIBILITY, ASTM C884||Pass|
|COMPRESSION STRENGTH (PSI (MPA)), ASTM C579||After 24 hours – 3300 psi (22.7 MPa)
After 7 days – 5500 psi ( 38 MPa)
After 28 days – 5950 psi (41 MPa)
|CHEMICAL RESISTANCE||Please contact a PUREPOXY technical sales representative|
|FLEXURAL STRENGTH ASTM C580||16.2 MPa (2350 psi)|